2.1.12

Damaged


A long time back I decided to do a self-portrait after I saw Butterfly do hers.

It took me a long time to get the courage to look in the mirror long enough to draw one.

I thought about drawing it with my hair covering the right side my face but I thought that would be a cop-out. So I pulled it back, sucked it up, and drew.

Excuse me if it seems half-done. It took a long time to get this far and I've got to run soon.

Oh yeah. The paper is new. Got it as a Christmas gift from someone I don't really like, but it's real paper and good paper at that. So I'll take it. Thanks I guess. :|

....man my hair got long.

9 comments:

Sammi said...

Speeeeeeeecs!!! D= I'm sorry I tried to cut your hair, now!!!

Ohhhh my god, I am going to kidnap a scar removal technician and force them to help you!

Ryan said...

Calm down, Sammi...it's okay. No kidnapping neccesary. I figure if the boss can't fix it nothing can.

Tori said...

........... It's like it's starring into my soul......
And don't get all the scars removed, I'd get mine removed bit they serve as reminders of what I'm never going to do again. Maybe you should keep a few.
Plus they add character.

Ryan said...

Tori. I'm....sorry? It freaks me out too, don't worry.

It's not something that I'd like to remember, you know.

Anonymous said...

Nice port-trait, Ryan. :)
And how did you get those scars? I'm sorry about them. You don't have to tell me how you got them because it's none of my business. I have to respect that.

I'm so sorry the drawing you wanted me to draw is taking so long. I had to do chores, help my parents, and crap. -_- But, I will try to finish it today! So no worries!

Ryan said...

Thank you, Butterfly. The sad part is it looks just like me. :D

Um.......don't worry for asking about the scars, most people know what they're from. Some of them are from work but a lot of them are from....I don't like talking about it but if you really want to know I think the post on Lucia's blog is called Hellfire from some time in October. Let's just say I have a lot more scars than those.

I can't wait to see what you drew! :)

Dia Renalda said...

For the record, I like how you look. I think our scars define our lives, and we would be nothing without them.

All they do is show me how beautiful your soul is, and what you've been through. After all I've been through, well.. I learn to appreciate things like this.

Congratulations on you and Lucia.

Ryan said...

Thank you...that means a lot to me. I was upset for a while after I healed because I thought they were awful. But you know, I'm chill with them now. They're part of me.

Even when we're worn out on the outside it doesn't change our inside.

And thank you. I don't think it would have happened without your help! It's the greatest feeling.

Dia Renalda said...

It would have. Maybe a little slower, but she already knew what she wanted in her heart. She just needed someone to tell her it was okay to follow it, yea?