6.2.12
Detour
I'm so bad at birds it's not even funny. They're so....shapeless. The feathers make everything harder. :| I did one in colored pencil too but it came out worse than this one. I haven't worked with colored pencil since before my hand went bad.
I was sitting in the park near my home working on a few other drawings yesterday. There was snow everywhere even though it's all gone today. There hasn't been a good snow all winter. But I got distracted from my other drawings because of this bright red cardinal sitting in the tree in front of me. I haven't had a good random inspiration in a long time, but this did it for me.
It was grasping at straws, but I got a little closer to it before I started to draw it. It didn't fly away. I did the sketch that I ended up coloring first. I didn't like how it turned out. I did something stupid then. I tried to reach out and touch the bird, like I always did when I was little. I always wanted to catch those darned birds but they always flew away.
Well this one didn't. It let me pick it right up. I held it in my hands for a little before I held it out and let it fly away.
It made me feel a lot better. I've been really afraid lately because my girlfriend is pregnant and I'm worried about what kind of dad I'm going to be. I feel better because this bird felt safe enough around me to let me hold it, even though I'm not very gentle looking. It was so cool...I just had to draw it because it helped me so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
It's beautiful.
Thank you, Dia. :)
I agree, birds are hard to draw but I think you did a great job here.
Also, I have a feeling that you'll be a good father
Always remember: it's better than the pitiful stick figures I showed you the other day. :P
You're gonna be a great dad. Hell if you treat the kid like you treat the cats you'll be fantastic. :p
Animals are great judges of character. If something like a bird that usually flies away at the slightest movements lets you get that close to it then you seem to be approved of =)
Sounds to me like you guys will be great parents.
Knit. Inspiration is a funny thing, isn't it? Thank you so much.
Tori. Your urge to comment on our posts makes me smile. And I'm good with cats....how does that translate into good with a baby?!?!
Ran. I dunno, ever since I've been in this job I've felt a lot more comfortable around animals. I was still really surprised when it let me pick it up.
I'm glad that you think we'll be good.
Actually, I'm really touched that everyone thinks that we'll be okay....everyone. Thank you. It means so much.
Everything WILL be okay. It isn't a question of thinking, it's of knowing it. Be confident in yourself and the people that love you.
Having a baby is a big responsibility.
You two better take care of your child.
I know you both will be a great mother and father.
Two wonderful parents with their special child.
What did you think about that video of PewDiePie?
Dia. Confidence....yes. Thank you. I'll be more confident.
Butterfly. I know it's going to be hard but I love her and I think I love the baby already....it'll be worth it. Thank you.
About the video, I don't really know what to say?
Was the vid weird?
Just a little. It wasn't the kind of thing I'm into, sorry!
I'm really working hard on that Rake drawing whenever I can.
Post a Comment