5.3.12

Playing Robin Hood



I actually didn't count on needing a bow for my job when I signed up for this. I guess it should teach me to expect the unexpected but.....this was a little out of left field.

It's awesome though. 62", 65# draw, desert camo....my favorite arrowheads even come in forest green lacquer. :D I used to shoot longbow with my dad all the time when I was little. He started teaching me when I was seven and I was nine when I took down my first doe. I shot longbow before I shot rifle actually.

Any way. This drawing took forever because I had to do it all by memory and imagination. It's not like I can pose for this and draw it at the same time. I spent most of yesterday on it and put finishing touches on today.

Before anyone asks, too....don't mind that my proportions are off. My right hand seems smaller than my left. That's not a mistake. My thumb and little finger are crushed in towards my palm and it looks weird from this angle. Plus I'm wearing a three fingered glove. I'm lucky that my string fingers are operational actually. I was worried for a while that they wouldn't be. And yeah, my wrist bones are freaky pointy.

But hey! I love my new bow no matter what. Best gift ever. Thank you, Lucia. :)

5 comments:

ChristinaSphinx said...

FUCK you make me jealous!


neh!!!!
all my doodles come out severely anime influenced no matter what i doooooooooooo

you is a BosS

ELiRR said...

Thats awesome man! The bow and the sketch I mean.

KnitWolf said...

Another well done sketch

Also, I don't think I've said this yet but I approve of you're choice in weapons

Anonymous said...

Well done, yo! The drawing looks cool! :D

Ryan said...

Sphinx. Keep practicing! You'll find your own style after a while.

Eli. Thanks dude. It's a great bow. :D

Knit. Thank you. :) Next time you come to visit, I'll have to show you in person.

Butterfly. Thanks as always!